On June 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced that certain people who came to the United States as children and meet several guidelines may request consideration of deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal. These people are also eligible for work authorization in the United States. We assist our immigration clients with deferred action applications and renewals.